Follow these punctuation rules and read articles on punctuation marks, including commas, semicolons, dashes, elipses and more.
- Mastering the Art of Comma Usage View Worksheet
Master the use of commas by learning the proper situations that require them, and add a new level of grammar expertise to your writing arsenal.
- Parentheses: More Than Just an Afterthought View Worksheet
Learn about using parentheses to provide supplemental information that is punctuated correctly, and create more flavorful content that is engaging.
- Colons: More than Just Two Dots View Worksheet
Learn everything you need to know about colons, including how to format around them and use them in lists, salutations and more.
- Defining Semicolons View Worksheet
Learn about how to use semicolons and examine some examples of correct and incorrect uses of semicolons in compound sentences.
- Use of Hyphens View Worksheet
Find out some of the common uses for every day, garden-variety hyphens, and how to use them with self-confidence and look like a know-it-all.
- Common Uses of Apostrophes View Worksheet
Learn how to use apostrophes to show possession for nouns and pronouns to ensure your punctuation is always done correctly.
- Independent and Dependent Clauses View Worksheet
Learn all about independent and dependent clauses, from what defines each clause to how to correctly use and combine them.
- Run-on Sentences View Worksheet
Learn about the most common types of run-on sentence errors, how to spot them and the easiest way to correct them.
- Commas Versus Semicolons View Worksheet
Use a semicolon to add some variety to the structure of a sentence; it replaces a comma in a compound sentence that has no conjunction.
- Punctuating Lists, Dates and Addresses View Worksheet
Learn why consistency is important in punctuating lists, and learn the correct way to punctuate dates and addresses within sentences.
- Ellipses View Worksheet
Learn about using ellipses to edit material for conciseness, show pause or indicate hesitation and how they are used in various writing formats.
- Direct Versus Indirect Quotations View Worksheet
Learn about direct and indirect quotations, how to choose which is more appropriate for your content and how to properly format direct quotes.
- Quotation Marks View Worksheet
Learn when to use single or double quotation marks and the punctuation rules that apply in various situations that use them.
- The Use of the DashView Worksheet
Learn how to use the dash correctly in various situations and locations within sentences, and understand how to avoid overuse.