Last updated: December 2, 2013
What Personal Information About Users Does Write.com Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with Write.com, the Sites and the Services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the Sites or through the Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing the Services, improving the Sites, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Sites. Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; e-mail address; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; and pages you viewed or searched for.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalization.
- The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of the Write.com Site’s features.
Does Write.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling, sharing, or leasing it to others. We share user information only as described below and with subsidiaries that Write.com controls.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data, processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
How Does Write.com Protect Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security or procedural measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
What Choices and Access Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of the Write.com Sites and/or Services.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Participation Agreement, Notices, and Revisions
Handling of Inquiries, General Concerns and Complaints